Learn How to write a Persuasive Speech Like a Professional
Giving a persuasive speech is no easy task. It requires a lot of preparation and practice to make sure that your points are heard and considered by your audience. But what exactly is a persuasive speech, and how can you write one that really makes an impact?
To give a persuasive speech, you need to understand what it is. Essentially, this type of speaking is used to convince an audience for something. You might be trying to persuade them to take a certain course of action or believe in a certain idea. Whatever the case may be, your goal is to influence the listeners.
Therefore, in this guide, we'll define a persuasive speech essay, explore some topic ideas, and look at examples of successful speeches. Let's get started!
Persuasive Speech Definition
Persuasive speeches are given with the intention of convincing the audience to believe in an idea or act upon something. In this speech, the speaker makes every effort to persuade the audience of his point of view.
The main aim to deliver a persuasive speech is to persuade the audience to accept a specific idea. However, one speech cannot convince all audience members.
One needs to deliver an informative, thought-provoking and clearly opinionated persuasive speech. In addition, the way of presentation of the speaker matters a lot in an effective persuasive speech.
(back to top)
Persuasive Speech Topics
It's never easy to give a persuasive speech, but it can be even harder if you don't know what topics are going around at school or work!
When selecting a topic for a persuasive essay speech, you must have strong knowledge about the selected topic. Never forget to present counterarguments against your point of view to strengthen your idea. In addition, choose a topic according to the level of the audience.
These topics are thought-provoking and are ideas about which many people have an opinion for. We have compiled a list of ideas that might help make your task less daunting.
Persuasive Speech Topics for College
- Are income-share agreements better for students than taking out student loans?
- Are same-sex colleges beneficial or antiquated?
- Has the traditional college model become outdated in the age of the Internet?
- Should classes about mental health and wellness be added to the school curriculum?’
- What are the benefits of year-round schools?
- What is the biggest current threat to the environment and how would you suggest we remedy it?
- Should high school students on the Autism spectrum be integrated into regular classrooms?
- Are grades an accurate representation of learning?
- What are the benefits of teaching art and music classes in high school?
- What are the benefits of making preschool free to all families?
Persuasive Essay Topics About Animals
- Is it rational to be scared of harmless yet frightening or unusual animals?
- Testing products on animals: is it ethical or not?
- Ten ways we can help animals live better
- Is it right to keep animals in zoos?
- Keeping uncommon animals at home. Is it good for them?
- Should we use products made with animal fur?
- Should we spay pets to control their overpopulation?
- Euthanizing stray animals: is it ethical?
- Keeping wild and exotic pets away from their natural habitat. Is it ethical?
- Can a companion or service animal change someone’s life?
Unique Essay Topics
- The world needs younger politicians, not 70-year-olds
- Electric cars are just as harmful to the environment
- Seniors shouldn’t have the right to vote
- Depression is overrated and we all have to deal with it
- Bitcoin and other digital currencies are the future
- We are living better than ever, but we still complain
- Most businesses advertise the same way and lack boldness
- The prison system doesn’t create better humans
- Racism will always exist no matter how hard we try
- Being untidy doesn’t make you creative or special
Mental Health Persuasive Speech Topics
- Suicide among teenagers. Is the media affecting it?
- Personality disorders among teens. Are they easy to identify?
- Nature can heal mental traumas
- How our differences make us unique
- Peer pressure is the cause of a lot of mental problems during the teenage years
- Phobias of children, teens, and adults. What are the similarities and differences?
- Studying psychology stresses students
- When is it right to give children medications to overcome mental issues?
- Impact of child marriage on mental abilities of children
- Animals can help lower stress levels.
Business Persuasive Speech Topics
- Social media is going to affect your marketing plan
- Economics as a discipline must be mandatory
- Using feedback from unhappy customers to enhance your sales
- The economic growth of China is a model to follow
- The value of unorthodox business ideas
- Free trade agreements are bad for labor
- Starting a successful business with no money
- The economy is defined by a few rich industrialists
- Why should you go after your passion in business?
- Foreign labor slows down the economy
Persuasive Speeches for Kids
- Feeling shy to talk to others and how to overcome it
- Video games promote violence among children and teens
- What is the best way to reach a solution for challenging Math problems?
- Are music videos appropriate for children and teens to watch?
- How to overcome fear when speaking in public?
- Mental health and well-being should be one of the subjects studied at school
- How to write the best title for your speeches?
- Kids under 16 years shouldn’t have their own social media accounts
- Which sport should you play to stay healthy?
- Are schoolers assigned a reasonable number of tasks?
Medical Persuasive Speech Topics
- More regulation is required for effective management of the fast-food industry.
- People should create time for adequate sleep as a way of improving personal health.
- Steroids in all animal feed should be banned.
- Smoking should be banned for all recovering surgery patients to help improve care results.
- Vaccines should be the primary treatment focus for emerging viral diseases.
- People should avoid taking diet pills as a treatment for their nutritional conditions.
- Mobile phones should be kept away from the body to reduce potential health problems.
- Society should invest more resources in medical research than entertainment.
- Healthy people should become regular blood donors.
- Government should fully support the needle-exchange programs to prevent HIV spread.
Persuasive Speech Topics 2022
- “It takes a village to raise a child.” How important is a community in raising children?
- Should parents have to give approval in order for their minor children to receive birth control?
- What are the benefits of belonging to a religious community?
- Should the government focus on increasing revenue or reducing spending?
- Should tobacco products be completely banned in America?
- Should homeopathic and alternative medical treatments be covered by health insurance?
- Should prisoners have the right to vote?
- Should animal testing be banned?
- Should self-driving cars be illegal?
- At what age should children be allowed to be on social media?
(back to top)
How to Write a Persuasive Speech?
To give a great speech, presentation skills also matter because only a good topic is not enough to persuade the audience. Maintain eye contact with all members of the audience.
The speech you give should be interesting, informative and engaging. Therefore, pick a topic that’ll grab the attention of the listeners.
You must write good quality content in your persuasive speech essay with strong arguments and reasonable counterarguments. Logically organize your ideas while writing your speech.
Follow the next given persuasive techniques and steps to write & present the best compelling speech:
1. Choose a Good Topic
The first step in writing any kind of essay is to select a suitable topic. Of course, selecting a topic is a difficult task and you must not want to pick a boring topic.
Therefore, always pick a topic of your interest so that you can do enough research on it.
2. Do the Research
The more information you have about your topic, the better your speech will be. Consider all of its angles and think up different viewpoints that may exist outside those which are commonly held. Do more research on the topic and collect factual information.
To make your speech engaging, check out a few examples to know what are the qualities of a good persuasive speech essay.
3. Analyze Your Audience
An important step that you should do when writing a persuasive speech is to know who your audience is. This will help keep the tone of voice consistent and make it easier for them not only to understand but also to agree with your point of view.
4. Craft an Outline
The outline will help you to structure your essay properly. A typical persuasive speech essay contains:
- Body Paragraphs
5. Write the Introduction
Write a good introduction paragraph to grab the attention of the audience. You must add the following point to your introduction of the speech essay:
- Begin your speech with an attractive hook
- Tell the audience why it is worth it for them to listen to your viewpoint.
- Give a strong thesis statement that’ll address the audience that you will further discuss.
6. Craft the Body paragraphs
This part of the essay contains all the details, arguments, facts, and counterarguments. Organize the body paragraphs by following these points:
- Present the main idea of your speech
- Give examples to support your ideas. You can also give personal examples to explain the idea clearly.
- Make a smooth transition to the next part of the essay.
7. Write the Conclusion
After writing the body paragraphs, give a round-off convincing conclusion for the audience. Include these elements in the final section of the speech essay:
- Give your final point of view.
- Rephrase already given ideas.
- Also, give a call to action for the audience.
8. Proofread and Revise Your Essay
Once you’re done with the writing procedure of the essay, read it aloud. Proofread it to make it flawless. Also, add if you missed any relevant ideas. Edit and bring your essay to perfection.
(back to top)
Persuasive Speech Examples for Students
The persuasive speech examples are really helpful for high school and college students. They can be used as a model to create their own unique presentations.
Students and other people can get persuasive speech ideas from these great examples. These will help you with your writing process and make it simple, easy and engaging!
Persuasive Speech Sample (PDF)
Persuasive Speech Example (PDF)
You can also reach out to a legitimate ‘write my essay’ service like WriteMyEssayFast.net. We provide the best writing help to students with the assistance of our professional writers.
Our writers are experts and handle all kinds of academic papers for people. We provide plagiarism-free assignments to clients at low rates.
We will write essays, expository essays, research papers, memoirs, press releases, thesis, & all other kinds of academic papers for you.
You can also avail our genuine writing services by contacting us. Place your order with us, get the best-written speeches by our skilled writers & impress your audiences!
What are the 3 types of persuasive speeches?
The following are the three types of persuasive speeches given in the area of attitude and beliefs:
- Speech of fact
- Speech of value
- Speech of policy
What is an example of a persuasive speech?
Persuasive speech has many forms, but it is often used in advertising and sales. During this type of persuasion speech, the speaker tries to convince the audience members to buy his product.